What are vehicle papers? What automotive papers to carry while you are on drive? Know what auto paper in India to carry? It is very important to keep the necessary papers in the vehicle for the purpose of being checked by the traffic police or otherwise required at any time. The following are the necessary documents to be kept in the non-transport vehicle:
- Valid Driving License
- Proof of valid certificate of registration
- Proof of valid certificate of insurance
- Proof of tax payment
- Fitness certificate
- Pollution Under Control (P.U.C) certificate
- Insurance cover note, tax payment receipt and renewal of registration certificate (if required) are valid evidence.
- Xerox copies of the original documents (attested by a gazetted officer) are also acceptable. However if the demanding authority wants to see the original documents, the owner must produce them within 15 days.
- A Xerox copy of the driving license is not acceptable
- Police Department
- State Transport Authority
Basic Parking Rules
- Do not park any vehicle on the part of a road where traffic is flowing.
- Do not park in such a place where one does not have a clear view for at least 50 meters in both the directions.
- Do not park in a place that blocks a vehicle already parked, a sidewalk, crosswalk, pedestrian crossing or road entrance.
- Do not park your vehicle on the bus bays or bus stops
- Do not park near the public entrance to a hotel, theatre or public hall when it is open to the public.
- Do not park near any intersection or a round-about.
- Do not park the vehicle in unauthorized parking areas.
- Before opening the door of the parked vehicle, look around. Close the door the moment one gets down.
- Park the vehicle on the left side in the direction of the traffic.
- Steering Failure>
- Brake Failure
- Tyre Burst
- Precautions at Junctions